Asian Honey Tea Grilled Prawns
|1 ½ lbs Medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Green onions, thinly sliced
1c Brewed double strength orange spice tea, cooled
¼c Chinook Alberta Multi Floral Honey
1/4c Rice Vinegar
1/4c Soy Sauce
1tbsp Fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
½ tsp Ground black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients (everything except shrimp, salt & onions) in a plastic bag.
- Remove 1/2c of the marinade and save for dipping sauce.
- Add shrimp to marinade in the bag and turn to coat.
- Close the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Remove shrimp from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and grill over medium coals 4-6 minutes (turning once) or until shrimp turns pink and is firm to the touch. Season with salt as desired.
- Prepare dipping sauce by bringing to a boil (3-4 minutes) over medium heat until slightly reduced. Stir in green onions.
To print this recipe please go to Asian Honey Tea Grilled Prawns
Please like & share: