Chocolate Honey Torte with Ganache Icing
1 6 oz. pkg (180ml) semisweet chocolate chips or equivalent squares
1 -190 ml jar Chinook Honey Chocolate Honey Ganache
Cake decorating candies (Easter eggs, sprinkles, etc.)
- Ensure eggs are at room temperature.
- Line the bottom of a 8 or 9-inch springform pan with waxed or parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter; stir in chocolate chunks.
- Remove from heat; continue stirring until chocolate is melted.
- Gradually add honey, stirring to blend.
- Lightly beat egg yolks; whisk into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour, coffee, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Stir lightened chocolate mixture into remaining whites; fold carefully, do not over mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 F (177 C) for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted halfway from center to edge comes out clean; cool 30 minutes. Do not be alarmed when the centre drops, that’s normal.
- Run knife around edge to loosen cake from pan. Invert cake onto plate; remove paper.
- Leave another 30 min to cool or cover and refrigerate for a few hours or up to a few days.
- Ice cooled cake with Chocolate Honey Ganache using a spreader or spatula (Ganache may require slight, careful warming.)
- Decorate with Easter Eggs, sprinkles and/or other candies
To print this recipe please go to Easter Chocolate Honey Torte with Chocolate Honey Ganache