- 32 oz. (907g) Swiss or Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon (7.5g) Cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon (10mL) Dry mustard
- 2 Tablespoon (30g) Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2-1/2 cups (595 mL) King Arthurs Dry Mead
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) Honey
- 4 Tablespoons (60mL) Lemon juice
- Pinch Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon (5mL) White pepper
Toss cheese with cornstarch and dry mustard to coat; reserve. In a heavy pan or fondue pot, over medium heat, melt butter. Sauté garlic until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add King Arthur’s Dry and bring to a boil. Slowly add reserved cheese mixture, a little at a time, stirring constantly, until cheese melts. Stir in honey and lemon juice; stir until smooth and continue to simmer 2-3 minutes more. Season with nutmeg and pepper. Serve immediately; keep warm.
Use to dip Crusty bread cubes, apple slices, lightly steamed broccoli, cauliflower or baby potatoes .
(Makes 4 servings)