Murray’s Granola Recipe
2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
1/2 cup liquid honey
I usually make a batch that is 4 times this amount. It seems to be about the right amount to work with in a large roasting pan.
- Spread the almonds on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven at 300 for 15-20 minutes or until medium brown. Watch them carefully, easy to burn.
- Mix the first seven ingredients in the roasting pan.
- Measure oil into the measuring cup and swirl it around before pouring into the pan, then measure out the honey in the same, unwashed cup. The oil will help the honey exit the cup. Mix well.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, (longer for a bigger batch) turning it with a large spoon a few times. Everything should be an even golden brown.
- When it is finished cooking add the almonds, coconut, raisins, craisins, dried apricots and stir to combine.
Try with half vanilla yoghurt and half milk, add blueberries, banana, peaches, etc. A medium sized bowl of this granola will ward off hunger for many hours.
Please share this healthy recipe and shop locally whenever possible. Enjoy.
To print this recipe please go to Murrays Granola Recipe