This rhubarb chutney is a great way to preserve spring-time memories. Try it with tortilla chips or as a perfect complement to poultry!
- 8 C (1.2 g) coarsely chopped rhubarb
- 1 C (150 g.) chopped onion
- 3/4 C (190 ml) Chinook Mead Vinegar
- 11/2 C. (330 g) Chinook Honey
- 1 tsp.(4 g.) cinnamon
- ½ tsp.(2 g.) allspice
- ½ tsp. (2 g.) cloves
- 1 tsp. (4 g.) fresh ginger root
- 1/2Tbsp. (9 g.) salt
Combine all the ingredients and simmer uncovered approximately 4 hours or more until quite thick. Stir frequently because it burns easily. Pour into hot, sterile half pint (250 ml) jars and seal immediately with hot sterile canning lids.
Makes approximately 4 jars.