- 1 butternut squash, pumpkin or sweet potato (about 11/2 lb (650 g))
- 3tbsp(45ml) olive oil
- 1½ tbsp(15 g) sesame seeds
- 1½ tbsp (45 g) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 C (75 g) craisins
- ¼ cup(60ml) honey
- 1 tbsp(15ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 c (50 g) feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ tsp(4.5 ml) chili flakes
- Season as desired with salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°c). Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Cut up the squash or sweet potato into bite size cubes. Toss the cubes in the oil, place on tray and bake for 20 min. Roast or toast sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds separately. Let cool.
Combine honey, balsamic vinegar, and chili flakes. Combine the sauce with the sweet potato or butternut squash. Season with salt and pepper. Save overnight or serve right away, adding the sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, craisins and feta just before serving. Serve hot or cold.