SERVES: 6 – 8
- 3 ½ lb. (1350g) pork shoulder cut into 2
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) paprika
- 2 tsp (10ml) black pepper
- ½ tsp (3.5ml) dried thyme
- ½ tsp (3.5ml) cayenne pepper
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ½ C. (120ml) honey
- ¼ C. (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. (45ml) olive oil
- 1 C. (240 ml) Flavours of the Foothills Barbeque Sauce
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the spices including garlic.
- Pour in the honey, vinegar, olive oil and barbeque sauce and stir.
- Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top it with the pork then pour the honey paste over all.
- Turn the slow cooker on to low and cook for 7 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours until the meat is tender, then shred or ‘pull’ with large forks.
- Serve warm, on your favourite style of buns with fixings like cole slaw and cornbread.
Please like & share: