Sweet & Sour Pineapple Turkey
4C (100 ml) diced left-over turkey
2 T. (15 ml.) rice vinegar
- Marinate the turkey in 1 T. (8 ml.) of soy sauce for 10 min. stirring to coat all of it.
- In a large frying pan on medium heat brown the garlic and gingerroot in the vegetable oil. Add the turkey and pineapple and heat 5 to 8 minutes until it’s thoroughly warm.
- In a bowl combine the mead, reserved pineapple juice, remaining soy sauce, vinegar, cayenne pepper and honey.
- Add the cornstarch (or flour) to the liquid ingredients, blending well.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the turkey mixture then stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over noodles or rice, with stir fried vegetables.
To print this recipe please go to Sweet & Sour Pineapple Turkey